- Cylindrical, centerless, surface and internal grinding of carbide tools, cutters, dies, gages, etc.
- Grinding chip breaker grooves
- Grinding threads in carbide taps and gages
- Sharpening carbide reamers, drills, inserted tooth milling cutters, etc.
Cut-Off and Slotting
- Cutting sintered carbide to size where fast cutting is important
Off Hand Grinding
- Sharpening single point tools where fast cutting action is required
- Grinding new carbide single point tools on a production basis
The ANSI Standard Safety Code B.71-1970-Maximum Operating Speed For Resin Bond Diamond Wheels is 9500 SFPM
Dry Grinding – Minimum-2500 SFPM Maximum – 3000 SFPM
Flood Grinding – Minimum-5000 SFPM Maximum – 6000SFPM
FEEDS AND SPEEDS
Avoid Excessive feeds – for most satisfactory finish and longer wheel life, the following feeds are recommended:
.001″ thru 120 grit
.0005″ thru 220 grit
.00025 for 240 grit and finer
TABLE SPEEDS: 10 to 40 feet per minute
CROSS FEED: .030 to .100 depending upon the width of the wheel and size of the load.